Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Establishing Your Own Blog - Easy as 1, 2, 3...4, 5

My friend, Shashi, aka Social Media Guru at Network Solutions, encouraged and counseled me on having my own blog. Below is his easy-to-follow method for establishing your own blog:

1. Create a blog account with Blogger or WordPress.
2. Create 3 posts to start. 
    a) Why I started this blog
    b) About you or your organization
    c) Something informative and useful to your audience
3. Register your blog with Technorati and mybloglog.
4. Register your blog at twitterfeed.
5. Post a short video related to your core topic at YouTube or Viddler and embed it into your blog.

You can also incorporate images, important links, and Social Media links for helping people share your content with the rest of the world.

The above sites are very user-friendly and can walk you through the set-up process. Good luck!

Note to the Skeptical: You may think you have nothing to say, but give it a go. You'd be surprised about how many things you feel passionate about, want to gripe about, want to share, and what you're actually an expert on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you found Shashi's advice so helpful! I enjoy working with him. Great to see you actively engaged and creating your blog. I think you’ll love it. Let us know how else we can help!

Connie @ Network Solutions
smedia@networksolutions.com